Saturday 10 July 2010

Fitting IVA Covers ... ready for the big day!

Sat 3rd July 2010 - Work time = 2hrs ... Build Time To Date = 248hrs
Time to fit all the little plastic covers for the bolts and other "sharp" objects.
Here goes for all that I did:

Bonnet Catches (had to cut these down):


Side Screen Mounts on Screen Pillar (had to put silicone sealant on these so they'd stay in place)


Front Hub (again I put silicone sealant on them all) ... I used the cover from the steering rack to cover the brake bleed valve.





Seat Belt covers ... shame they didn't supply them in black! ... the stitching wasn't too good though so they might fall off soon after the IVA!  ;-)


Exhaust joint between collector and silencer ... I covered this with heat wrap ... I also covered the lamda sensor to be on the safe side (again I think this may peel off a few miles after the IVA ;-)


Finally I put a label on the dash ... when I read the IVA manual there was something about the lights needing to be at least 50% visible when any removable covers are open.  With the bonnet in its hinge open postition I wasn't sure this would be OK so better safe than sorry:


Next stop the IVA Test on Thurs 8th July.

No comments:

Post a Comment