Saturday 27 February 2010

Engine Wiring ... Throttle Linkage issues?

Sat/Sun 20th/21st February 2010 - Work time = 8hrs ... Build Time To Date = 110hrs
Another 8 hours spent, not a great deal to show for it but lots of little things ticked off the "to do" list.  Started off by making up a template for the cut out for the exhaust through the side body panel.  Lot's of cutting and gaffer tape!

Next job ... wired up the starter motor to the engine loom and live feed from the battery and the RPM sensor wich is near the starter.  I managed to route the battery live feed cable along the lower chassis rail ... with more things in/on the car now it's difficult to get access to drill holes for things like the cable tie saddles ... had to resort to snapping a drill in half to shorten the length so I could get the drill in!



I then fitted the screen washer bottle ... more rework required as the wire to the pump wasn't long enough... I needed to undo some of the cabling which I had so neatly cable tied and covered in tubing ... no wonder al this is taking so long!



With the near side engine wiring now complete I moved to the other side to connect up the injectors, alternator, air temp, coolant temp and oil pressure sensors.  I had a few issues with all this:
1. Once I'd connected the No2 Injector it was fouling the throttle linkage ... hmmm something not right here ... I think the throttle linkage is in the wrong place ... needs a call to Westfield 
2. The Coolant Temp sensor wire is nowhere near long enough to reach the sensor at the front of the engine above the alternator ... another call to Westfield
3. The connection on the oil pressure sensor doesn't match the wiring loom connector nor the pictures in the manual ... yet another call to Westfield to check.
I'm sure some of this is going to need to get moved but here's some pictures cos the throttle bodies just look soooo cooool ! :-)


Stop press !!!   Collecting the body, seats and carpets etc on March 6th ... better start being nice to Sandra as I might need to store some bits in the lounge !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment