Sunday 22 August 2010

Intercom fitted and Shift Light Installed on Dash

Sat/Sun 21/22 Aug 2010 - Work time = 3hr ... Build Time to IVA = 252hrs ... Post IVA Build Time = 16hrs

The Intercom set arrived this week so I fabricated a simple bracket to secure the amplifier to the transmission tunnel between the seats.  Sprayed it all up to look nice too!  I had already spliced in the power supply to this location when I installed the loom so it was an easy installation. 
The intercom is a Terratrip Professional Model with Practice headsets that have noise cancelling microphones (to avoid too much background wind noise).  I've used this model previously in the Cobra I had and it worked really well.



Next job was to install a gear shift light.  The ECU loom came prefitted with a shift light and the ECU is mapped so that this illuminates when the ignition is initially turned on (goes out when engine starts) and when the RPM reaches 6,400.  This is 400rpm before the rev limiter comes in at 6,800rpm. The wiring for this indicator light was very short so as part of the installation I'd left it tucked in with the loom wiring near the ECU so the light wasn't visible.
I decided to relocate the indicator light to the dash.  A simple job of extending the wires and moving the existing Ignition (Alternator) Light.  Here's the finished view with the Shift Light under the Indicator Lights behind the Steering Wheel and the Ignition Light to the left of the Hand Brake light.
Need to run-in the car for a few more miles before I can test it !



Managed to have a couple of drives over the weekend (about 90miles in total)  It was raining on Sunday ... the first time I'd driven in the rain.  The front mud flaps seemed to work well.  Somewhat surprisingly the wipers worked well too and provided I kept moving I didn't get too wet in the cockpit.  Oh and the coolant temperature was much better too after the thermostat change ... indicating around 85-90 degrees on the temp gauge with the fan only cutting in when I was stationery for a while. 

Whilst I was out I managed to calibrate the Brantz Meter to read in kilometres.  It seems to be working OK at high speeds but is not incrementing at slow speeds (below about 25mph).  Further investigation required to fix this as it's vital it's reading accurately at all times otherwise we will quickly get lost on Corsica!

Total miles covered so far equals about 480 !

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family.
    videointerfon casa

    ReplyDelete