Sunday 15 August 2010

Carbon Fibre Rear Arch Protectors & Front Mud Flaps

Sun 8th Aug 2010 - Work time = 4hrs ... Build Time to IVA = 252hrs ... Post IVA Build Time = 7.5hrs
Finally got round to fitting my Father's Day present ... some rather splendid wheel arch protectors in carbon fibre!
The suppliers (CarbonMods) suggested I fit them with just some silicone sealant but the fit on the inside edge wasn't too good so I ordered some black rivets off eBay to secure the inside edge against the bodywork.



I then turned my attention to making some mudflaps for the front wheels.  I had already purchased some 3mm Rally Mudflap material from eBay and I had some big head fasteners left over from fitting the arches.  I fibre glassed the new big heads in the same as before and bolted the mud flap to them. 
















The more observant amongst you will also see that the side indicators that were previously fitted to the wheel arches are no longer there.  These were fitted as part of the IVA requirement.  Miraculously new ones have now appeared in the more traditional position on the side of the car.  This must have been completed by the "garage pixies" as it would not be right and proper for me to move them from the position required by the IVA !  ;-) 

1 comment:

  1. I like the pictures in this post. Investing in mud flaps for your particular vehicle is a great idea, especially for those that live in areas of the country that get rain throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete