Saturday 31 July 2010

Tax Disc and Number Plates ... first "legal" drive!

Sat 24th July 2010 - Work time = 0.5hrs ... Build Time to IVA = 252hrs ... Post IVA Build Time = 3.5hrs
The Tax Disc and Registration Numer details came in the post yesterday.  I managed to get some number plates made up locally and fitted them today. Sandra played a blinder by holding the screw driver whilst I stretched my arms under the bonnet to tighten the nuts securing the front number plate.
With Henry still in Mongolia it was done to Amy to be the passenger for the maiden drive with number plates and a tax disc ... i.e road legal !















We did a short 10 mile drive ... the first time I had driven the car with the side screens on.  They certainly make a lot of difference in keeping the wind out.

We returned and I persuaded Sandra to hop in.  Needless to say she was not as willing a passenger as Amy.  Unlike Amy's request to go faster Sandra had her eyes covered as we approached 50mph!  It was therefore a very short drive!

With nearly 200 miles on the clock I now need to get some further mileage done to make sur everything is fully "shaken down" prior to embarking on the Corsica Rally in only 8 weeks !

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kevin

    pls keep your weblog online as I am buidling the same westfield. I received yr link from Rob.

    kind rgds ERik (The netherlands)

    ReplyDelete