Saturday 10 July 2010

Brake Pedal Issue ... IVA minus 4 days !!!

Sun 4th July 2010 - Work time = 1hrs ... Build Time To Date = 249hrs
When I fitted the new steering column I found that the cover on the scuttle above the pedals didn't fit quite properly, requiring some additional fastening against the scuttle.
Having removed the cover I noticed that the clevis yoke on the brake pedal was all bent out of shape.  It's made from some mild steel and seems as though either on the way to/from the MOT or during the MOT test some over exuberant force on the brake pedal had bent it.
I tried to straighten it back into shape but when it was refitted it just bent again.
Two hours of talking to Mr Google I managed to find a supplier of yoke fittings in Birmingham.  Hopefully they had them in stock and could get one to me fast.  Nothing I could do today ... so had to wait until Monday to call them.

No comments:

Post a Comment