Saturday 10 July 2010

Handbrake fixed ... after two attempts

Sat 10th July 2010 - Work time = 2hrs ... Build Time To Date = 252hrs
I'd booked the car in for a quick brake test at the local garage.  Confident that I'd fixed the issue following the IVA Test I was devastated when they said the near side was still not good enough. 
A quick drive home and up on the jack again to check it all out.  I removed one of the jaws on the handbrake locking mechanism on the near side and found that I was able to adjust it slightly.  A quick run back to garage and this time the near side was pulling up really well.  The off side was also good but not quite as good as the near side.  The chap in the garage said it was good enough for an MOT pass but not sure if the IVA test was more stringent.
Worried that there still might be an issue I took the easy route and booked it back in the garage for them to tinker with it to get it spot on. 
It's back in there on Sat 17th ready for the IVA retest on Fri 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment