Saturday 31 July 2010

Waiting for the Reg No & Tax Disc ... time to fit some bits

Sat 24th July 2010 - Work time = 3hrs ... Build Time to IVA = 252hrs  Post IVA Build Time = 3 hrs
With the build complete and IVA passed it all seems a little anti climatic as I await the tax disc and registration number.  So I set about removing some bits and fitting some new ones.
Firstly the covers on the seat belt mountings which were required for the IVA had to come off.  I lock wired the mounting clasps at the same time.


Net it was fitting the side screens.  Fairly straightforward to fit them to the car but the fixing to keep them closed and against the bodywork required some prior planning.  The standard approach is a short strap which is "clipped in" onto a popper on the inside.  I wasn't too keen on this so based on an aproach I had seen on a Dax Rush I sourced some yacht parts from a local chandlers and used some shock cord.  This is much easier to clip in and remove.  I just need to tidy the ends up a little once I get the length right.


I then removed the "cheese grater" heat shield on the silencer.  As I mentioned previously I prefer he clean look of the silencer and as the exhaust is on the passenger side there is no chance of me burning my legs ! 



After this some safety equipment ... a fire extinguisher.



Finally I turned my attention to the engine bay and fitted the carbon fibre cam cover insert ... purel a cosmetic ddition to hide the spark plug leads ... but it does look a lot neater.  I also painstakingly labeled all the fuses in the fuse box.  Figured it would make diagnosis easier in case of a future issue.  I plan to put a copy of the wiring diagram in the car too when we embark on the Corsca Rally in October!



No comments:

Post a Comment