Saturday 11 September 2010

Oil Change and New Steering Wheel

Sun 5th Sept 2010 - Work time = 2hr ... Build Time to IVA = 252hrs ... Post IVA Work Time = 26hrs
With 620 miles on the clock it was time for an oil change.

A slight issue with the oil filter ... the one I got from Halfords was the wrong one ... the thread size was a little loose.  Managed to get the correct one from a local motor factors.

After a bit of research I opted for Castrol GTX Magnatec Fully Synthetic 5w/30 I wasn't sure what the oil capacity was so I ended up getting a 4 litre can plus another 1 litre.  Turns out I needed about 4.5 litres to fill it half way between the fill marks on the dipstick.

I ordered a new steering wheel earlier in the week.  Slightly smaller than the old one and "D" shaped.  This allows a little more room for getting in an out.  It's also suede covered so nice and soft!  I needed a new steering boss as well.  Ebay to the rescue with a Mountney boss that had the requisite 70mm PCD hole configuration.  Here's the new wheel fitted.





No comments:

Post a Comment