Saturday 17 October 2009

Let the Build commence ... this could take some time!

Saturday 17th October 2009 - Work Time = 2hrs  
Having spent last weekend sorting out all the boxes and nuts, bolts and rivets it's now time to get started.
I read the manual again ... I can no recite almost every word! ... and decided start with the nearside inner tunnel panel.  After clamping the panel in place it was obvious that the seat belt mounting holes were not quite aligned. 






Time for some fettling with the trusty dremmel before reclamping back into place and starting to drill the holes.  No real issues with anything but the 4 holes at the rear were difficult to reach.  I needed to use the flexible drill shaft to access the holes.  At this point I called upon my daughter to operate the drill trigger whilst I held the drill bit ... way to go Amy!


Here is the obligatory "hedgehog" shot with all the rivets in place ... I put them all in to make sure I hadn't missed any holes. 



Out with the panel again to debur the holes.  At this point I realised that I had spent 2 hours working on this and I haven't actually fitted anything yet!  Somehow I think this is gonna take a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment