Friday 11 June 2010

Seats, Seat Belts and Carpets ... Almost finished

Sat/Sun 5/6th June 2010 - Work time = 8rs ... Build Time To Date = 247hrs
Just the carpets, belts and seat to fit this weekend.  As with many things on this build the easy jobs turn out to be very difficult.
Carpet fitting fairly straightforward.  I used 25mm wide self adhesive velcro.  Mangaed to use about 10 metres of it and ran out.  Fortnately I had enough for the rear panel, tunnel and rear carpets so I could fit the seats.
Seat belts fitted without any issues but the seats were another story!
I'd opted for the new Sports Turbo seats and the holes in the floor pan didn't line up with the runners.   I finally fitted the drivers seat, sat down in it, tried to slide it forward and it wouldn't budge!  It was fouling on the side panel so I had to adjust the holes slightly to allow some clearance.  I lost count of he number of times I put the seat in, took it out enlarged the holes slightly and put it back.  The passenger seat was slightly easier but still took a long time.
With the seat in I took the opportunity to have a blat up and down the road.  Managed to check out 1st, 2nd gear and reverse, the brakes and the steering. 
I was so pleased I forgot to take any pictures of the finished results.  I'll post some later when I've finished the front of the bulkhead carpets.
Bouyed with my success I booked an MOT test at a local garage for next Saturday and filled out and posted off the IVA forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment