Wednesday 23 December 2009

Front Brake Pipes and ECU plate fitted

Wednesday 23rd December - Work time = 4.5hrs ... Build Time To Date = 68.5hrs
I spent about an hour and half sorting out the Webcon ECU wiring loom and Westfield engine wiring loom during the week.  The wiring diagram wasn't as good as the main loom and it didn't seem to completely match the actual wiring in the ECU loom?  So there was much head scratching again!  Finally got the looms all labelled ready for installation. 



Three hours spent in a rather cold garage today.  Got a few responses from the WSCC Forum on my handbrake adjustment issue.  Consensus was that I need to complete the braking system, fill it with fluid and then bleed the brakes to obtain a little pressure in the system to push out the caliper pistons and take up some of the slack.  So first job was to fit the flexible brake hoses on the front.  I had to complete the bends on the brake pipe ... I'd forgotten how difficult it was to bend the pipe!  Here's the completed job.


















Now I need to get some brake fluid (Dot4) so I can start the bleeding!  This will have to wait a few days as I have heard that Father Christmas may be bringing me an EziBleed brake bleeding kit as recommended by various posters on the forum.
Next task today was to fit the ECU above the passenger footwell.  This took a little longer than expected as I fitted some rivnuts to the top fixing so it could be easily lowered for access (the manual suggested self tappers but I prefer the rivnut option)  The manual also said to mount the ECU on the plate with velcro.  I wasn't too happy with this option so found a couple of brackets and rivetted them to the plate and bolted the ECU to the brackets. The underside is fairly clear with just the rounded rivet heads as I'm sure the IVA test will be checking there is no sharp edges in the passenger footwell.  I'm quite pleased with the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment