Wednesday 30 December 2009

Propshaft part 2 ... ready for the engine

Wednesday 30th December - Work time = 2hrs ... Build Time To Date = 76hrs
With the brakes fully functional I could now adjust the handbrake and torque up the bolts on the propshaft. 



I then set about "wrapping up" the chassis bars in the engine bay to protect them whilst installing the engine.   You can also see in the picture above a trapezium shaped peice of metal ... this is a gearbox adaptor plate but it is unclear in the manual whether I need to fit it for my engine/gearbox combination.  Need to do some reasearch!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin, I'm building almost the same kit as yours and already installed the engine. You do not need the adapterplate when installing the Zetec 2L + T9; it doesn't fit. Just use the frame plate and drill the holes trough (advice given by Westfield NL)

    (btw you may check my build site http://westfieldfw.blogspot.com. It's dutch and although Google translate will work, translation is still very poor... )

    Gr Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and if I may give you one peace of advice: reconsider routing the startmotor wires down on the passengerside footwellpanel, near the tunnel edge. You want those wires as far away from the exhaust as possible.

    Gr Rob

    ReplyDelete