Monday 12 April 2010

Exhaust, Dashboard and more loom labelling!

Sun 11th Apr 2010 - Work time = 6hrs ... Build Time To Date = 171hrs
With all the engine bits done time to install the exhaust.  It was a nice sunny day so I wheeled the car outside and tidied up the garage again (Sandra muttered something about why I was hovering the garage when the lounge needed cleaning?).
Fitting the exhaust was pretty straightforward ... all the pipes slotted together quite easy. After the IVA test I think I will remove the heat shield as I don't like the cheese grater look ...the silencer is on the passenger side so I won't burn my legs getting in and out!
















Next to the dashboard ... I drilled the dashboard blank first and then set about fitting all the gauges and switches.  I realised that the heated screen switch was missing ... another call to parts department.


Armed with my Dymo Labeller I then set about labelling all the loom connections with some permanent labels ... figured it would be easier to id cables once they were installed and in case I needed to remove the dash in the future.  Here's the spaghetti ready for the dash to go in ... next weekends' job.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kevin,

    I loved Sandra's comment the most.
    Talk about priorities :).

    Also, though you mentioned that you did not like the Cheese grater, I found it pretty cool & it had a nice retro look as well.

    -
    adi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.

    Exhaust Silencers

    ReplyDelete