Monday 3 May 2010

Cycle Wings fitted

Sun/Mon 2nd/3rd May 2010 - Work time = 10hrs ... Build Time To Date = 217hrs

One item remaining to complete the front end ... fit the cycle wings.  Again I had decided to deviate from the instructions in the manual which suggests button head bolts through the wings into the brackets.  This means that there are 4 bolt heads visible.  I decided to conceal the fixings using "big head fasteners".  These needed to be bonded to the underside of the cycle wing.  I initially did this using a dab of silicon sealant.  Once set I removed the wing from the bracket and fibre glassed across the fasteners.


With the big heads bonded it was easy enough to fix the cycle wings. 

The side indicators need to be fitted to the edge of the cycle wings as the traditional location does not allow the sufficient viewing angle for the IVA. They are fixed using self adhesive backing with the wiring hidden behind the cycle wing edging.  I fed the wiring through some convoluted tubing ready to connect up to the loom ... unfortunately I need some connectors ... another trip to Halfords!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment