Sunday 9 May 2010

Engine Startup Part 3 ... it works !!!

Sat 8th May 2010 - Work time = 4hrs ... Build Time To Date = 222.5hrs
Big day again today ... with the fuel injectors all reinstalled time to try an engine start.  It start raining as soon as I wheeled the car out of the garage.  Undeterred with a few spots of rain I turned of the key, the starter motor spun the engine over for a few seconds and hen the sound of the engine firing ... on all 4 cylinders!  As I blipped the throttle Sandra and Amy arrived at the garage door cheering.  I think they were cheering with relief ... previously concerned that if it still didn't start then I would not be a happy chappy!
I let the engine run a few minutes so that everything warmed up.  eassuringly there were no obvious leaks anywhere.  With the rain now coming down harder I took a quick opportunity to select first gear and drive the car 5metres down the drive, then reversed it back and repeated.  The clutch and gearbox were working too .... but the speedo didn't appear to be working ... more investigation required.
I pushed the car back in garage and set about fitting the roll bar covers.  These require a lot of adjustment ... they are supplied as blanks with no holes cut.



Three hours later and lots of dremelling I managed to fit them.  A nice fit I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment