Saturday 29 May 2010

Windscreen Fitting & Interior Side Panels ... looking like a car now

Sat 29th May 2010 - Work time = 7.5hrs ... Build Time To Date = 239hrs
Time to fit the windscreen.   Had a trail fitting a couple of weeks ago but was not sure about the gap between the windscreen and the scuttle.  A phone call to Westfield reassured me that it was normal (?).  In the centre of the screen there was about a 10mm gap.  I decided to "fill" this with some foam door sealer ... the self adhesive foam type. I attached one piece to the lower edge of the windscreen and another to the scuttle.  This filled the gap quite well and I sealed it on the outside wih lots of silcone sealer.
One other point to note ... I made a "prop" to the 1007mm dimension as directed in the manual.  However when I trial fitted the side screens they were way off at the rear.  I needed to adjust the windscreen rake quite a bit so that they fitted nicely against the rear whel arches.
Fitting the fibreglass cver strip across the lower part of the windscreen was a bit fiddly too ... required lots of fettling with the dremel.


















 
Fitting the interior side panels was fairly easy.  I had some black headed 3mm rivets so used these to fix he panels.  There is a small peice of panelling to fit behind the scuttle.  No instructions as to whether this overlapped on top of the side panel or below.  It looked better below so I opted for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment