Sunday 9 May 2010

Speedo Sensor ... needs to be closer to driveshalf bolts

Sun 9th May 2010 - Work time = 3hrs ... Build Time To Date = 225.5hrs
Concernd that the speedo wasn't registering I took a look at the speedo sensoe.  This is a hall effect sensor picking up a magnetic reading off the driveshaft bots next to the diff.  The gap between the sensor and the bolts seemed 5-6mm ... probably too far for the sensor to pickup.
The mounting for the sensor is welded to the chassis ... I tried to bend it nearer the driveshaft but all this did was move the angle of the sensor away from the bolts.
More head scratching before I came up with a new plan!  I fabricated a new bracket and ounted this to the extra mountings on the chassis (not sure what these are for but they are unused).
With the new bracket in place I could easily adjust the gap ... I left it at about 2mm ... don't want it too close!
Hopefully this will be a better solution and the speedo will now work.

No comments:

Post a Comment