Monday 30 November 2009

Rear Discs and the Diff ... not as difficult as I feared

Sunday 29th November - Work time = 4 hrs ... Build Time To Date = 52.5 hrs
With my (rather expensive) 3/8" to 1/2" socket drive adaptor and the hex sockets I could continue with fitting the rear discs and calipers.  No problems with fitting these ... probably due to the expensive hex sockets no doubt!




Next step ... fit the diff !  Hmm it's a bit heavy so time to enlist some muscle (aka Henry!).  As it turns out it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  As instructed in the manual I pushed the threaded bars through from the right hand side.  I removed the offside brake line to provide a bit of room.  Apart from just a few issues with slotting in the washers between the diff and the bushes on the left hand side it was pretty straightforward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment